Sunday, July 19, 2009

Crawdaddin'












Saturday night we went to Strawberry reservoir to go crawdaddin'. It was so much fun. The kids had a blast, we caught at least fifty crawdads. The kids tied a piece of chicken to a string through it into the lake about 5 feet and the crawdads would attack it! Thane would carefully scoop it up with a net. The kids at first we scared to hold them but after the two hours each one of them realized that it was very hard to get them to pinch you. It was great fun. We took the crawdads home and put them in the bathtub, unsure what we were going to do. Dad said to cook the tails and eat them like lobsters. I thought that each of the kids would eat or at least try them, but no. I was the ONLY one who ate them leaving many of them wasted! Jerra and EJ of COURSE kept eight as pets, we will see how long that lasts. They were mighty tasty and tasted just like lobster. I felt bad killing so many and wasting them, next time we are going to throw them back. I would highly recommend it to anyone with kids, very easy and lots of fun!
On the edge of the lakes there were also many ground squirrels. Hannah got so close to one I am sure that she could have pet it. The squirrels were after the left over chicken, they liked the crawdad bait.

1 comment:

mommy1 said...

I sure wish I had been able to go with you crawdad fishing! We can blame it on Bella because if I hadn't fallen down and hurt my leg, I would have been with you! Oh well, next time! I'm so proud of you Jody....you take your kids to do so many things and are making such good memories for all of you. You'll never regret it. You really are super MOM! Love ya....the lst super MOMMY!