Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School Daze!!

As you all know we started school this past week. Yippee!!! I tried to due a back flip on Monday when they got on the bus but hit my head!! Ha-Ha! I was so excited to see them go that I sang all the way to work, after calling my mom to share the excitement with her. It is not that I don't' love them so much, it is just that they need some structure and consistency that I have a hard time providing them at the end of the Sumner. They all absolutely love school! This year the elementary school started feeding them breakfast, what more could a mother want, both meals and consistency??? They are intrigued by the breakfast selection and I am impressed that they have some sort of protein with each meal. Sounds like a match made in heaven! I am sure that it will get old, but until then they are enjoying the breakfast selection.
Katie started Rocky Mountain without any hesitation. She was a little nervous about catching the bus, but got on and couldn't wait to go back on Tuesday! She loves the diversity of the classes and has so many friends. The rewards of having her in so many extracurricular activities have paid off. Her soccer team is loaded with friends that went to other elementary schools, they are now joining her at Rocky Mountain. She has someone in every class that she knows well. I think that has helped her transition as well. Of course she is a Little more ornery, but she gets up much earlier than normal, and will adjust quickly. She always does!
Jerra was the most nervous. I think she was a little worried that the teachers were going to expect her to be like Katie. She thinks that she might have to be something she isn't. Little does she know that she has so many great things that Katie doesn't. Just hard to have a sister one year-older than you. She started off right and loves her teacher. I am glad that they don't have the same teachers as she can trail her own path!
Hannah loves everything about school and has many stories about all of the new friends she is making. She is very nice and takes in all of the new students in her grade as her friends. I love her kind heart.
EJ's only complaint is that ALL of his friends are not in his class!!!! Heaven forbid! He is missing 2 friends. I am so glad that he doesn't have all of his friends as he gets into trouble when he pays attention to his friends and not his teacher!!!
Great week for me and the kids!!! I am excited to see them "entertained", and learning again. AS for me I might just have a few hours to myself each week AHHH!

No comments: