We were sitting on a ledge, and EJ was aching to leave!!!
The old mine camp, had a very old engine, Jerra was drinking the oil!
Down in the bottom of the mine. It got very dark and the kids would not go any farther. Thane and I used the light from my camera to see how far we could get, but got very dark very quick!
Old miner's house. Ready to fall over????
The bird with the "looney bird" rock, see a resemblance???
See what I mean about NO handrails, talk about DROP OFF!!!
Talk about Sand in the Crotch!!!
Polaris would like this picture!
Went to Moab this last weekend! As always it was so much fun. I would move there if I didn't have to work. I am sure that I could ride everyday for the rest of my life and still not see everything that place has to offer. We live in a beautiful state, and I think that many people take it for granted.
Mom said that I needed to put the agenda down, so I wouldn't forget.
Thursday night drove up and arrived in the dark! Friday morning got up and went for our famous Green River ride. I love this ride, mostly because I feel as if I at the end of the earth. We rarely see anyone, and it is so peaceful. The drop offs are spectacular. We rode for most of the day, and then visited the "well liked" sand hill. The sand was so fine that when water was put on it it "clotted" instantly (you can tell I am into medicine). This was the kids favorite thing. They love to roll in it, jump in it, and be buried in it. Needless to say, I am still washing sand out of suitcases. I know that the kids had it everywhere, if you know what I mean!
The Ranger was perfect! The kids didn't complain and mom sat in the back and seemed to enjoy herself. Great Day!
Saturday we got up and drove into Moab. As you move into Moab more, the red mountains are just beautiful! We went to Gemini Bridges both top and bottom. The kids love this ride but I have to say it makes me a little nervous, as there are NO handrails! Ethan is a little mountain goat and we really had to watch him, He is fearless, and would crawl to the top of anything if we would let him. On our third day I had to stop him from crawling to the top of one of the arches! He loves to explore and beat everyone to the top. He always beats me, although not very hard to do. Mom loved Gemini Bridges and I am sure that this was her favorite day. She just rode in the back of the Ranger (this was her favorite spot) and kept saying "I love this", "thank you for bringing me". Kids were so good. They rarely complained other than fighting over who was going to sit where! They tried to catch lizards all day and really enjoyed the ride. That night we went to dinner and then went for a long drive up the canyon. It was so beautiful, we watched the sunset as we were winding our way through cliffs. Sounds romantic although the twins were screaming a good part of the way, Ha-Ha! They think that the magnetic rocks they got were much better to look at and play with as opposed to the mile high cliffs most people only see once in a lifetime, spoiled brats!!!
Sunday we went exploring, all 42 miles of our ride! We decided to go on a different ride, as there is a million things we still haven't seen. We rode to a very old mine camp equipped with a mine (the kids didn't want to go in) and to La Boca arch that was out in the middle of nowhere. The Arch was really neat! The scenery was great, but we got lost a few times and ended up in a FEW places that we did not consider scenery! We had fun, but it was a long ride. When the kids finally saw the RED truck they celebrated, deep down inside I think we all celebrated. Fun but L O N G day! The swimming pool was the entertainment for the night, that was after a great Italian dinner and after mom and dad purchased a few child size Moab shirts, all were happy.
Unfortunately Monday came much too quick and we all let out a large sigh when we had to come home. We love to be together as a family and Moab just adds the chocolate icing to the cake, (I like chocolate cake best)! Until April, when we can go again I will keep the red rocks in my dreams! Pictures to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment