Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tribute to Emmalee

Our dear friend Emmalee passed away on Thursday! She taught us so much, even though my girls never did get the privilege to meet her. Emmalee touched many lives without even trying, something I struggle to accomplish everyday. Emm lost her battle to liver cancer but never lost her fight. Our condolences go out to Steve, Kara and their kids. What they need to understand is that we learned alot from Emm and her challenge. Her strength shines in all of us that she touched!
After this week, I have had some spiritual moments. Many times the past few years I have asked god how I can be so lucky when many people around me have so many challenges in their lives. It scares me that one day the worst could happen. I must remember to not look toward the future, but keep enjoy the here and now. Although we may not know what lies in our future, we always have each other and our families around us for support. Thanks you god for many many blessings. AND to EMMALEE, we know you are looking down on us all. We admire the strength of the Havertz family!

No comments: