Ok, so in the past few weeks things have changed! I am now moving full time with HCA. I will be working my same days at Layton Family and then adding two days per week at the FARR WEST clinic! I am VERY excited about this. The Farr West clinic is very slow and will give me time to think as opposed to busy Layton Family! I am hopeful that the two days per week will allow me to build a practice and have my own patients. I am will be the only provider in Farr West on the days that I work. I am not used to this as I usually work with five other doctors in Layton. It will mean I am totally responsible for the decisions and will need to contact a provider on the phone, if needed. Scary but exciting. I have only been a provider in a clinic for 5 months, so hopefully I am up for the challenge. Farr West is also exciting because it is so close to where I grew up. Both mom and dad are less than five minutes from my office and I can go to eat lunch with any of them at anytime!!! Yipee! I am able to relate with patients whom have grow up or live in this area, makes things a little more comfortable.
There are some slight downsides to this move! I have to say goodbye to Island View. I have worked there a little over three years and have made many friends along the way. I know in my heart that this move is a good move but, I will miss the Island View crew and all of the good times that we share. I will miss the laughing joking, and great lunches, including awesome salad bar. I will miss the kids. I found much joy in learning from them; watching them accomplish self actualization and moving into becoming great adults. I know that this transition is what is best for me but it is never easy to say goodbye.
I feel good about this and Thane is very excited. I think he knows me better than I do as he is absolutely confident that I am making the right move, (even though it is a pay cut to begin with). I feel relieved to know that he is sure I will be OK. I look to him and how he feels more than I trust myself. I guess that is why we remain married and are best friends. That's reassuring!
1 comment:
What an exciting move! I wish you were closer so that I could do some of those lunches with you. I have to admit, I saw the never-ending pasta bowl advertised a couple of days ago and thought of you. I miss you. You'll be awesome at this new office!
Post a Comment