Oh where do I start. You and I have been having so really hard times lately. I wish that things were better, but I know that you are going through some hard times in your life. Everyone warned me that times were going to get worse. I guess that I didn't believe that things would be bad, because you are such a good kid. I understand that you are trying to be independent, and I am sure that you are not quite ready! I want you to know that I will always love you and when I get mad at you I think about that little tiny baby that loved to have her back rubbed, and the little girl that loved to giggle. Being a teenager is very hard, and so is an adult. Your dad and I want the absolute best for you so, you must listen and obey us. There are a few things that I would like you to know.
1. You must always respect your mom and dad ( or anyone for that matter). People you meet are all going to be different in their likes, dislikes and beliefs, you must respect that. Mom and dad have provided you with alot and work hard for the things that we have, you must respect us. We will not tolerate anything less.
2. There are some things that dad and I know from experience. We have lived longer than you and therefore, have had more life experience. In other word we are smarter that you, Yes it is true!
3. We have been in your shoes before. We know what it is like to be a teenager... We know that you are not always going to agree with us. But it is what it is.
4. Believe it or not one day you will thank us for this. I know this also from experience.
5. I am going to be hard on you, you must understand that I will not tolerate bad behavior. I want you to be a productive adult. You must trust that we will help you to move in that direction.
Katie, I want you to really look at your life and what you want out of it. We will support us in our home as long as you follow our rules and respect us as your parents. I want you to wake up every morning with a fresh start and good attitude. I want you to be nice to your sisters and brother. I expect that if you open your mind and listen. Dad and I love you always. You must remember that. Hopefully these hard times will soon pass.
I love you more! Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment