Thursday, November 5, 2009

Inspiration.








We took our annual ride to Inspiration Point. I love this place as it gives me so much peace to stand on the very top of the mountain and see across the whole valley. I had been waiting and it just didn't work every time we wanted to go. Our lives are filled with so much, sometimes we just can't find the time to be together. The trip was just what I needed, and I think that I enjoyed myself more than I have in a long time (expect for when I am in Moab, that is Heaven). We saw many deer, and the famous mountain goats on the top. We hadn't seen the mountain goats before, but had heard that they were there by many people. When we did see them EVERYONE was excited and it was fun to watch them. I was amazed at how big they were and how they didn't seem to bothered by us, (although they were about 250 feet away). There was alot of snow, which was unexpected. I was hoping for lots of colorful leaves, but we were too late. The snow was a foot deep in some areas and it was cold. We took the Ranger and it did really well for the amounts of snow that we had to get through to go to the top. Kids really enjoyed themselves sitting in the back eating M and M's wrapped in blankets. SO nice just to be together without interruptions!

No comments: