My life is full of sick people. I guess this makes it not a big deal to me. So called Hard Ass. When my kids are sick, or so they say they get up and get going many times giving them an ibuprofen and sending them to school. I find myself being impatient. Thane and Hannah were both sick this week. I really think that Thane had Strept throat, treated him and he was better quick. Hannah on the other hand is always the un-sure one. She never has definite signs (other than those massive swollen glands). She tells me every morning that her throat hurts, and I tell her to eat and make it better. Five minutes later, she is running around.
This week you could just tell that she wasn't feeling well, but all signs were clear (negative) for me. First day she went to school, came home and seemed fine. On Wednesday, I let her stay home from school, she laid around but acted okay. Who knows? That night her basketball team needed her in order to have a full team and she went and played, was fine! Who knows? Thursday woke up and said she was sick again, Ibuprofen and school. Hard Ass?
I find myself not believing her, because she is like many of the patients that I have, who continue to complain and I never find anything definitely wrong. BUT she is my child not my patient! I get tired of all the complaints, especially during "sick" season and think that this rolls into my family.
signed,
Hard ASS mommy
1 comment:
MOM, my tummy hurts!!! You know Amber and her sisters used to eat bubbles from their bubble bath on Saturday night just to get out of going to church on Sunday. I am sure your kids use the "I'm sick" for attention just as well. Whip them into shape hard ass mom!
Post a Comment