Thursday, December 23, 2010

Preparing for Christmas.

Christmas has come really fast this year, it seems much faster than normal.  I tell my kids to enjoy the things leading up to Christmas, because if you anticipate the day itself too much you, will be disappointed, as it comes and goes so very fast.  I love Christmas, but this year my focus isn't there like it usually is.  I believe there are two reasons for this.  One is the big cruise we have planned in February and the other is that the kids are getting bigger, and much harder to buy for.  I have to go to many stores to get just the right things.  It has become tedious and expensive. Just not what Christmas should be.   Next year I might re-think it, so it does not cause me so much stress.
Needless to say I still really enjoy the season, and the things leading up to the big day...

This was us at the Layton lights, I love the hay ride, and the lights are my favorite!  Katie didn't get to go this year; she had a party. I find that she is missing a few more things than she was last year because she wants to do her things.  Okay, but different.

This was a picture of all of the girls before their Christmas dance.  Jerra's first.  Of course out of the four, Jerra was the only one to dance with a boy, of course with the others persuasion. She loves boys, and is willing to do whatever the older ones want her to do.  I love that these girls are best friends to each other they never leave Jerra out.
This was my aunt Terrie's Christmas party, it was really fun this year.  For some reason I came out of the white elephant game with a pet mouse (yes a live one).  No one would exchange me for it, imagine that?   It is so fun to see extended family, too bad we only get together a few times per year.  My kids love the cousins so much! 


Of course what would a party be without Santa.
The whole crew minus Jess and Amber, and Sarah and Ronnie.  Boy, Jess and Amber I miss you so much, you keep things grounded!
And last but certainly not least, is my very favorite of all, even more than my Christmas at home.  I love my mom's party, as you have heard in years past she puts so much effort into it.  Each present is selectively thought out and each is wrapped perfectly (as they used to do it in the old ZCMI)!  I love the chocolate raspberry cheesecake.  I love getting my own stocking, with things especially chosen for me, I love getting gifts that fit me perfectly, as mom knows me best.  I probably look forward to this more than most things at Christmas.  I didn't take many pictures, of this but probably my most favorite thing about t he party this year was EJ.  Mom bought EJ a bunch of Lego men (about 40).  If anyone knows EJ then they know that, when he gets a Lego set he ONLY cares about the little men that go with it.  SO when he got only a bunch of men he almost didn't know what to do with himself.  He spent HOURS putting each one together and he has played with them for the past 3 days, constantly  (Of course I must complain that they are every where, did you read the last post?) he loves them!  The best part of Christmas is seeing someone you love so excited about some thing so little!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

mommy1 said...

Jody...I'm SO glad you love my party. It makes me feel so good knowing that you understand how much work and money I put into it. I do it for all of my family because I love them so very much but it certainly is nice to be appreciated - as you well know! Love ya and thank you. Mommy