Days eight and nine were bittersweet. We knew that we were headed home and just tried to enjoy the time we had left. We knew that we were going to have to wrap up the relationships we had made with the crew, and that soon the weather would be getting colder. In fact, day 8 weather was in the 80's. On day nine it dropped to the 50's. If I only had made better friends with the captain maybe I could have convinced him to turn the ship around! On day eight, we just laid around alot. We passed Cabo again, and ate ice cream, swam, and read. We spent a couple of hours trying to catch up on the homework that we had missed. We played 40 games of rummy, and I beat Katie! It was a relaxing day. Thane spent alot of time watching the ocean, right outside of Cabo he watched a whale jump MANY times. He said it was like he was doing a talent show just for him. I was so angry, because we had spent money on a whale watching tour and never did see one jump! Thane would have come to get us, but I am sure that by the time he got to us, the whale would have been gone. During this day we saw LOTS of dolphins, at one time we saw about 10 dolphins jumping together, all of us got to see this and it was so exciting!
Day nine was really hard, especially for Ethan and I. Ethan made MANY friends throughout this trip, and it was very hard for a nine year old boy to say good bye to those friends, especially when he is an only boy with a bunch of hormonal girls. I felt really bad for him. Melson the picture guy (Looky,Looky was his nickname, because he would say that every time he took a picture) was Ethan's favorite each night when we went down to dinner the two would seek each other out, and talk for a second. Ej would get excited to go to dinner, just because of Looky, Looky. When it was time to say goodbye, tears came to EJ's eye's, very sad.
Day nine, was also the day of the Camp Carnival, scavenger hunt! This is the biggest competition on the boat for the kids. All of the families meet in one place and go on a scavenger hunt throughout the ship. It is very competitive. It includes your digital camera, and you are asked to take pictures of things throughout the whole ship and return to a universal place when you are done. Things we had to do included, getting a picture of the number plate on each floor, smearing ice cream on someones face, picture on the water slide, picture of certain crew members, picture doing a conga line on the Lido deck, etc. It was very fun, if you were the first back then you got five extra points. Needless to say it was a MAD DASH! There was one rule,I dreaded, you could not use the elevator, only the stairs! After eleven floors I was tired, (brought back all of the steps from the zipline). The scavenger hunt turned out to be so fun, and guess what, The Fower's family took first place!!! We got a trophy and each of the kids got a plastic medal. It was sure the highlight of the day.
That night in the dining room was another hard time for us. We found ourselves really attached to the waiters, especially EJ. He just loves men, and I am sure that it is because he is around so many girls all of the time. Ej cried at dinner too. My heart hurt for him and me, as I didn't want to leave either. By the end of the day, we were emotionally spent (especially me). Packing was really hard, we had to fit more in than we took! In the morning, we would be going back to our busy life.
No comments:
Post a Comment