The morning of debarkation was uneventful. We packed our luggage and got off the ship. It was so sad! Jerra got one more ice cream cone, and while waiting for our floor to be called we played rummy. We were all kind of ornery as we knew the long awaited vacation was over.
We left the ship and got our rental car and away we drove from the Spirit....
We had a good part of the day to burn, we decided to take the scenic drive along side of the ocean, along all the beaches. It was really beautiful. I love the ocean, and California has very beautiful beaches. We stopped at Huntington Beach, one of my favorites, and spent a while playing in the water, one final time. Katie and I looked for sand dollars, and Ethan found a sand crab burrowed in the sand. He played with the poor crab for quite sometime. The water was cold but that didn't seem to matter as we knew we would soon be in the snow and that this was our last chance to taste the salty air. We found more seashells, and pieces of sand dollars but not any "full ones". Jerra and Hannah found some left over bread and spent lots of time feeding the hundreds of sea gulls.
Back to the airport and home... As the plane landed in SLC I remember a tear falling down my face. This vacation was more than a vacation for me, during our ten days I had all I ever wanted, my family, no work, no cell phones, no soccer games, no laundry, that is what I enjoyed, the cruise itself was just the icing on the cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment