Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fowers Funnies...

This is the real reason why I strated this blog, to keep track of all the funny things that happen with the kids, here goes!

This last couple of weeks there has been lots of talk about death.  A close friend at work lost her dad, and mom has been on a rampage lately about funerals(she hates them), and the things she wants us to make sure that we DO NOT do with her when she dies.  Needless to say we are well versed.  Mom is going to have an open casket and a long funeral and everyone is going to talk about how wonderful she was!!  (HA HA mom). 
   Back to the story, one day a week ago we were all in the car and Katie was in the front seat, I asked her what she would want if she died.  Now I know this sounds morbid, but I feel as if I discuss this with the kids it helps them to understand death.  We do not discuss it alot, just a subject for the last couple of days.  Katie told me that she wants a funeral in Grandma Fower's front yard as it is beautiful.  I then asked her if she would want to donate her organs if possible.  She told me that she would but that she could not donate her eyes.  She said that she would not feel comfortable with that.  I then asked her if she could donate her skin and told her that they take it from her butt and give it to burn victim's.  Jerra quickly, from the back seat yelled, "I would never let them take my butt, I hate my butt, and would not want to see it on anyone else!"  LOL  I promised Jerra I would not let them take skin from her butt!
EJ then chimed in, "They can take everything from me but my tenders!"  (yes he is talking about his penis...)  I had to pull the car over!  I could only imagine his little mind them cutting off his penis and giving it to someone else.  I quickly turned and told him that was not something that is donated, he sat back down in his seat and was much more relaxed!

Yesterday Katie and I ended up  making dinner together, we were at home by ourselves.  I love the time I have with them one on one. We started talking about her school.  She had spent most of the day in "reality day".  The school has the days where with their grades they determine what job Katie would have as an adult and she spends the day setting up a checking account and working out a budget.  I was so excited,  as the budget they had helped her set up was very good and included many of the things in a real family budget.  They had the kids set up a 401K, dental, car and home insurance.  They included utilities, daycare, even groceries and eating out.  Katie ended up being a physician (yippee) and had three kids.  Her Husband was going to school and was only adding 500 dollars a month to her budget, this upset Katie as she ended up not having enough for her daycare (he he!).  She was required to ask Baylee (her friend's) husband to watch her kids for a lower price (he didn't have a job).  I loved it!!!  She went on to tell me what they had allotted her for recreation money.  She had 120 dollars to eat out per month and 100 dollars for clothes for her family per month!!!!  We discussed that she would eat with her kids at Wendy's dollar menu, or Subway five dollar foot longs (they would have to split) and water, LOL.  I then asked her if she thought that 100 dollars would be enough for clothes?  She told me that it was plenty!  I asked her What she would do if her child insists on 50 dollar shoes, she would not have enough for much more than that?  She chimed in and told me "she would use a coupon".  I'm glad I wasn't in the car for that one, I would have wrecked!  She says she is going to start saving coupons now because if tow kids need shoes, she will be broke! 
What a great experience for her, hopefully she does become a physician, and hopefully she has a coupon when she shops,. and she doesn't pick pout the shoes go to the cash register to buy them and the coupon has expired!

Have a good day!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love the story. Tell Katie that most people down here (Congo) live on less than a dollar a day and the LtCol that I work with makes $31 dollars a month. Good times!!!

Laura said...

Tenders! HAHA! Wonder where he got that from! Rotten neighbor kids!