Tuesday, March 20, 2012
My bug
Alot has happened in the Fowers' house the last few weeks. Ethan and Hannah have turned ten, and girls seem to be quickly changing into young women. Next few days I would like to highlight each child as so much has happened with each one of them.
Katie is still so responsible. She loves life and is very motivated and has a strong sense of self lately. She is very set in her ways. She buts heads with me and her dad frequently as we are all set in our ways! Overall she does a really good job in almost everything she tries. At the first of the year, we placed scholarship application with the Elks lodge for Katie. One boy and one girl are picked each month from all the junior high's in Weber County, Katie received the scholarship for March! She received a one hundred dollar savings bond and although it isn't very much we organized all of her accomplishments for more scholarships coming up. Katie receives her award on Monday night. :)
Katie also has been working on getting a job with Clinton City recreation, refereeing and coaching soccer and baseball. She has also applied for a place in their concessions during the summer. Katie and a friend have been training for these positions every day for the last few weeks. Monday night she has to ta a test, and if she passed she got the job. I was hopeful that her friends would get the job also, and unfortunately Katie was the only one that passed the test and was offered the job :(. Even though Thane and I tried to talk her out of it, (as we did not want to take her to work without a carpool) she took the job. It was bittersweet and sometimes harder for us than for her. Needless to say she LOVES IT!!! She is so excited to get minimum wage and today we changed her savings account to a checking account. She has her own debt card, and will be getting direct deposit. Where did the time go????? Of course since she is a minor my credit is affected if she screws up! LOL, somehow all of this is harder on us!
Katie is five foot six inches tall, 140 pounds. She loves food, including, beef stroganoff, and tuna casserole. She a carb aficionado (not so healthy). She is really good with technology, and is the yearbook editor at RMJH this year. He GPA is 3.9. She LOVES soccer, and loves her soccer friends more. She LOVES to talk back, but her good outweighs her bad by far. She makes dinner at least two nights a week, she does her own laundry and is very responsible. I am confident if I was vacant for any period of time, she could keep the household running well. She is NOT at all interested in boys. YES! Most of all her mom and dad love her so much, hard to believe the scrawny hairy 5 pound monkey has turned into such a strong well rounded woman (still a kid). I love you, Katie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Last post didn't work so I'm just trying this as a test.
Ok...my last post about this didn't publish for some reason so I'll try again.
I am so proud of Katie; she has always been a fighter even from the time she came into this world early as that 5 lb. scrawny hairy baby. I'll never forget that day but I am looking forward to watching her mature into adulthood. No doubt in my mind that she will be successful in whatever she tries to do - she's YOUR daughter and MY granddaughter! She has good examples - HA!
Post a Comment