Sunday, December 30, 2012

Back at the North Pole...

Santa is back at the North Pole probably sleeping.  Christmas was uneventful this year.  Everyone got something they wanted and seems happy.  I love all of the things leading up to Christmas but sometimes get anxious during the day itself.  I always find myself regretting spending too much on the kids, and I am hopeful that they will realize one day how much work it is to put it all together.  I told them all after Christmas that next year we were going on a vacation, although I think that I said the same thing last year. 
    The kids still get very excited for Christmas and that in itself helps me to relax, unfortunately the belief in Santa has dwindled.  I thought that I would be more upset about this, but found that this year I kind of welcomed it.  I do not have to try so hard to keep things a secret.  I sent them to their beds (they sleep all together in one room) and did my thing and went to bed myself.  It was nice not to be up until the wee hours putting things together. 
    This year we went to the "temple lights" and rode a carriage (my favorite), were involved in the Nativity again (my very favorite), and enjoyed dinner and a movie on Christmas eve.  Although different, cause the kids are getting older, very relaxing and enjoyable. Simplifying things really helps me to enjoy myself.  This year we had mom and John at the house, that was also nice, all of us in our pajamas opening gifts and eating Cinnamon rolls.




   Now we must move on to getting our house painted and the new floor in so that I can get back to normal!  (We are remodeling and everything upstairs is torn up)  :)  Happy New year, 2013 here we come!

No comments: