Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful For??

Tis the season to be thankful. As you all know I am so Thankful for my family and extended family, they are first on my list. I thought it might be good for me to make a list of ten things that I am thankful for not including the obvious.
1. First and foremost, I found a my first gray hair yesterday. This really upset me as and I had Katie quickly pull the damn thing out!! Jerra let me know that I was not getting old because you were only old after age 45! Ha, nine more years. SO! I am grateful I am not old yet! I am also grateful for only one gray hair! Right now anyway.
2. I am grateful my education! IF there is anything that I can stress to my k ids it is the importance of education. You will never be sorry for continuing schooling. Learning is fun and has made my life easier.
3. I am grateful for my US citizenship. I know that there are many people whom are not as fortunate as me. Living in this country allows me and my family to have the freedoms we want and make the choices we want.
4. I am grateful for my health. I see many people daily who are sick, both mentally and physically. I am so thankful for my good health and my families good health.
5. I am thankful for exercise. I have learned to love to exercise and miss it when I don't' have the time to get my 5-6 times in per week. Even with sore muscles, I am excited to go and feel much better when I do.
6. I am thankful for Hooper. When Thane and I were first married I did not want to live in Hooper things were so far away and I did not want to drive that far. I now do not want to be anywhere else. I can't imagine not having many acres for my kids to run,sled and appreciate. I am grateful for all the hard work my father in law has put into the land to maintain it for my children to enjoy.
7. I am thankful for my bath tub. I love my big bathtub and all the joy it has brought me. My kids or at least one of them come get in with me almost every night. I have many good memories with each one of them in that tub.
8. I am grateful for my job. I love working with the kids and although there are some things I do not like about it, the good outweighs the bad. Right now it is working for my family. I can have the best of two worlds working doing what I love and not missing anything with the kids!
9. I love friends. In high school I did not realize what true friends were. Through the years, I have realized the importance of great friends. I love talking to people whom enjoy like things. Long term friends are so important to well being. I enjoy talking and blogging with all of them.
10. I am thankful for my BED. I am so grateful to sleep good at night and be able to snuggle up to someone I love more than anything. I love the morning talent shows held in my bed with each of the kids. Their quirky talents make my day that much better.

Many more things that I am thankful for. Tomorrow will be a time to remember each of these things, and to realize how lucky I truly am! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

I too am greatful for great friends. Even if it means missing them when life keeps us too busy. I hope you have a great holiday. Love you!

----Allison

Laura said...

Those are some awesome things to be thankful for! I am thankful for YOU! Love, Laura