Nothing exciting has happened in my life since last week. We are all preparing for Christmas and are about "lighted" out. It seems like we get to see all of the lights because the girls are in the school choir and they sing at many "lighted" places. The twins are at the perfect ages and love to go each time we have too. I think the funnest thing about Chrsitmas is all the fun things before the holiday itself.. I love to shop, have parties, and spend times with people I don't see throughout the year. Hopefully I can continue to enjoy myself.
I think the most eventful thing that has happened this week was that Jerra found out about Santa. I think that I was more devastated that she was. When I think about it I guess we have done well to keep the "secret" until now, but it is also upsetting when the magic is gone. She quickly wanted to know if the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy were still real. She also wanted to let me know that now she would settle for a green scooter instead of a pink one because she knew that was the only color that Target had, and that Santa didn't really make it. Spoiled kid! Hopefully she can enjoy the rest of her Christmas!
2 comments:
Are you kidding me? Of course Jerra is spoiled, as are all your kids, BUT her settling for a green scooter rather than a pink one was very THOUGHFUL! She now understands that you and Dad have to go get the gifts and that it might be hard for you to find a pink one - she was trying to HELP you so look at it THAT way. ALWAYS find the positive in life! You'll be MUCH happier! I love you baby girl.
Poor Jerra, to have lost that magic. But maybe getting to help stuff the stockings for the little ones will help a little. But now we can't use the excuse that Santa can't fit a go cart in his sleigh anymore. I hope my kids believe in Santa until they are 25! But I am sure that with all the older kids Bodee hangs out with the magic won't last as long as I would hope it to. Thanks for the fun Santa breakfast! Love ya, Laura
Post a Comment