This should have happened a couple of days ago, but I have not had time to pee the last few days. I would have written this letter to mom and John and sent it BUT #1 I want to keep the memories on the blog. #2 I want everyone to know what great parents I have. #3 This suits both #1 and #2.
Dear Mom and John,
On Saturday night my kids were counting down the hours to when the party started! Little did they know that in my head I was counting down too. We were all so excited for the party that NO one complained getting in the bathtub to wash their hair (this is a miracle especially for Jerra). We jumped in the car, each person making sure that they had the present they wanted to give at the party. We sang songs all the way over, (of course Taylor Swift). We were so EXCITED!
Needless to say no one was disappointed. Of course as everyone at the party knows, I came home and washed 40 dishes carefully placing them in the cupboard, I even boxed all of the old one up for DI!!!. The next morning, Ethan had not even opened a few things and would not get dressed because the Star Wars Lego's would not leave his hands. He sat naked in front of the fireplace for at least 10 minutes, before dressing. Hannah insisted that her "blue" outfit fit despite it falling o the floor every time she walked and it took me ten minutes to pin it "just right". Jerra wanted to wear her outfit and was going ice skating and decided not to as it might get "worn out". After wearing the same outfit the night before, Katie put hers back on and sat of the couch trying to read books, with EJ's gun noises blaring in the background. BELIEVE it or not Katie has made her bed the past two days!!! OK, so I am a little upset as it took me much longer to get them going! BUT I want you two to know, I realize how much effort went into the party. I know how quickly we must have left and how empty the house felt after our departure. BUT the happiness remains in my house, and I guessing (as I haven't come to that point yet) that this letter will help you understand how much my kids love you two.
I guess I want you to know how much I love you and the loved the party. I love that the party pampers me. I came home like a little girl wanting to be left alone to review my treasures. There wasn't anything that wasn't perfect! I love you two so much and hopefully in your hearts you will know that the magic in their hearts lives on. Thanks so much for the great party! I am hiding the cheesecake from Thane so I can savor each piece! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Jody
1 comment:
My dear baby girl.....IT is 11pm on Christmas eve and I am sitting here, in a very quiet house, waiting for the time to leave for Midnight Mass. I'm so glad I decided to look at your blog tonight because I've been thinking all evening about how different it is now for me on Christmas eve than it was 20 years ago. 20 years ago, things were still hectic in my house, as yours is tonight, and I thought they would never change...but they do. I terribly miss those years but I am so happy that you now have them in your home. I am also very happy that you know how much our party means to me...that I get everything 'just right' for ALL my babies; your enthusiasm warms my heart and makes me realize that it is ALL worthwhile. Our party memories will be in your heart, and your childrens' hearts, long after John and I can no longer do them. Then it's your turn to have a quiet Christmas Eve and prepare a party for your children and your grandchildren....life goes on and arent' we glad about that! Merry Christmas sweet baby girl...now I'm going to church to pray for all of you and thank Baby Jesus for giving all of you to me! I love you with all my heart.
Post a Comment