Saturday, December 20, 2008

Momma's boy!

So these past few weeks have not been the best for EJ! He is changing and growing and becoming harder for me to figure out? About two weeks ago he was on antibiotics and did not want to take them. I did everything I could to "fix" the antibiotic so it would taste good. Nothing seemed to be good enough for him. I finally got so fed up that I set him on the counter and told him he would stay on the counter until he took the antibiotic. In the meantime I went outside to get the "rest of the troop" on the bus. Ethan was upset he was missing the bus and decided he would "hide" the antibiotic in the garbage and tell me that he took it. After beginning to pull each piece of garbage out of the compacter when I returned (I didn't believe he had took it) he started to get nervous and I (having a masters degree, maybe more importantly being a mother) knew that he was lying. He quickly asked me if I was going to take all the garbage all the way to the bottom. I told him I would continue until he told me the truth and he quickly conformed! I was upset took him to school and grounded him for lying. I also quickly called in liquid Amoxicillan(thank god for the masters degree)!!!
Well this week the mischievous little shit continued again. On Tuesday he was caught leaving the school grounds with four other kids to throw snowballs at cars! Hannah who CONSTANTLY is watching out for EJ let the school guards know that her brother was in trouble. They quickly retrieved my little devil and marched him into the teacher whom has decided to ground him from recess. He has been writing "I will obey school rules" during every recess for the past three days. He does seem remorseful but why isn't he thinking before He does things. ??? Everyone says it is because he is a boy, I sure haven't had these things happen with the girls. I have to continue to punish him even though it seems much harder on me than him. His dad is very effective in disciplining him, and hopefully that avenue will continue. He is my little boy and I want him to be good, guess we keep trying.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

He sounds just like his uncle Scott. Oh-no we have to change his ways now..... Bird is such a good little boy we still love him..

The Curtis Family said...

It sounds like a little boy who is too smart for his own good. Hang in there!

Merry Christmas!