Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fading Away in the COLD weather!

So Christmas has come and gone, and of course it was good for the one hour it took to unwrap the presents. Everyone was very happy with their treasures, and there were not very many things that had to "go back". I think I was a little disappointed because it seems like it came so fast this year. You know Christmas isn't just about the day but enjoying all of the things that lead up to the day. As the kids get older it just seems more busy. We did so many fun things for Christmas, I just wish the magic would continue. I feel so close to my family at this time each year, and do not want it to fade. I love Christmas, and my goal for 2009 will be of course to lose more weight and exercise more often, but also to keep the closeness I feel today. I know cheesy blogs again.
So the picture above is the kids at the top of the sledding hill. I wanted to cut the picture so the lady wasn't in it but became inpatient and decided to leave it as is. I took the kids sledding today at Syracuse high school. They love the hill as it is easy to get up and they can get going fast on the way down. IT WAS SO COLD! I felt really guilty cuz after about 15 minutes I found myself in the car with the heater on full blast! The kids continued up the hill 50 more times!! Hannah continued up the last few times on her hands and knees. I felt quite bad for her because she wanted to go up the hill so badly but she was exhausted. Ethan of course was the dare devil and wanted to hit all of the "jumps" taking out anyone that stood in his way. Boy, that child needs some discipline! The hot chocolate and diet coke afterwards was my favorite part of the whole event. I hate mittens and snow boots already!! Have a great week.

No comments: