Most people at this time of the year are sitting around the fire and wrapping Christmas presents. My kids insisted it was time for sledding! Thane is so patient to untangle all the knots from last year and put the boots and glove on eight hands and feet! I arrived home shortly after the fun started and quickly wanted to take his position at the helm of the four wheeler to see the laughter on the kids faces ( I gave up my exercise time to see that). It was SO cold and about an hour and after running over Jack we were done. As quickly as it started wet gloves and boots on the garage floor to re-wash for next time, the family tradition begins.
Another Tradition in our family is to be a part of the live nativity in West Haven. My kids are taxpayers and shepherds, and this year they got to ride the horse and take the goats. They love this so much and it really makes me feel good inside as I feel a bit closer to the day Jesus was born. Hopefully the kids feel this too. It was really cold this year and the kids "suffered" from it, but I want them to understand how important the meaning of the season is. EJ loved it this year and really wanted to get as close to Mary and baby Jesus as he could. Hopefully this is all sinking in, because it took me two baths to warm up!
No comments:
Post a Comment