Thane took Katie and Jerra skiing this week! They had such a good time and are soon planning the next trip!
Yes Crazy hair day! We finally got the right day!
What cute cakes, no I didn't make them a professional did!
Ok, so I am a loser mom, yes their birthday was Wednesday, but as always have been busy! Ethan and Hannah had a great week. Last weekend, we took them to Chuck E. Cheese with five friends each (ten total) for their party. It was great fun, especially for them. The worst part about the whole thing was checking out with each kid and ALL of their tickets, but they were all very well behaved kids and we got through it OK. The twins were so excited with each of their gifts. Laura was SO great to me and made their cakes, a rocket for EJ and a crown for Hannah! They were so cute and very delicious! Thanks Laura! It was enjoyable although I was glad when it was over (luckily we could leave the mess there)!
Tuesday night I took them to Nannie's for their annual "birthday with Nannie". Many think that your kids should be with you on their birthday but my kids love to go to Nannie's on their birthday. It is actually a relief for me because she spoils them and I don't feel guilty at all on going to work! She made them special pancakes for breakfast, took them to Walmart shopping, and out to DENNY'S (of all places) for lunch! I think they looked more forward to going with her than their birthday party! They love to be spoiled, and I am so lucky to have so many people to help me spoil them (yes, mom I thank god everyday).
Wednesday afternoon we went to parent teacher conferences, I was happily surprised to know that all the kids had greatly improved and were doing really well. Ethan is reading way above grade level, and Hannah is the happy one of the class, she keeps everyone going (SURPRISED?). Katie is FABULOUS and her teacher puts it and should have been in 7Th grade quite sometime ago! Jerra does exceptional in Math and is in the top 2% of her class! Of course there is always things that we can work on and will continue to do so.
So this week Friday was the big day. Yes, I made it through the surgery and have been pleasantly surprised that my pain is minimal! Mom and Thane continue to tell me to settle down so it doesn't get worse, but I am not one to sit for too long. I am missing my soccer game tonight and am upset about that because I really enjoy going. I guess I probably won't be able to exercise hard for 4-5 more days. Hopefully this all works and I will not have anymore periods! Not so bad so far! Anesthesia was my big worry as I have had some serious problems in the past, but I had a wonderful anesthesiologist whom listened well to my history and did not use gas to put me to sleep, he used IV medication. Yipee, all done!
As for my job, I have excepted a position at Layton Family Medicine (part time), It is not set in stone, but hopefully it works like I expect that it will! More to come!
Things are going well, this week anyway. have a great week everyone!
1 comment:
Surgery!? Was it serious? I didn't know anything about it! I feel like such a loser friend. We for sure need to get together soon. I don't know about your schedule but days are probably my easiest time right now. Anyway, call me and we can make some plans! Take care.
Post a Comment