Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear Grandma....

Every year I write Grandma a letter for Christmas explaining all of the changes in our lives for the year. Thought it would be good if I included it in my blog. One day I will be grateful for all of my time writing letters.

12/11/2009

Dear Grandma,

Wow what a year! I think I say that in every annual letter I write to you. Things are mostly good on our end! The kids are getting bigger and deciding that they don’t need Thane and I as much. In a way that makes me sad, but in another way it is great! In the last few months, we have been able to leave the kids home alone while Thane and I go our for a few hours together. I welcome the time with him alone. It makes me realize why I married him in the first place. We so need that time without the kids. It makes us both happier. Here is the update on all the kids this year (even though you already saw them in May).

Katie started 7th grade in August. I was really worried about her and felt as if I wasn’t old enough to have a child in Junior High. I quickly realized that it was my worry and not hers. She has done so well, and she loves it. She got a 4.0 the first quarter and is up to get another one this quarter. She has many friends and is very happy to go to school each morning. She continues to play competitive soccer, and her team is very good! She loves it and never complains about ALL of the practices.
She is changing physically and emotionally. She and I have had some disagreements and she is very moody. She still is a great kid don’t get me wrong, but I am surely in the start of the teenage years with her. Oh NO!!!!

Jerra has physically and emotionally grown more this year than any of the kids. She is much taller and is finally growing our of her pants. She is still extremely skinny, but is getting long legs. She also loves school and does very well!!! She too plays competitive soccer and has been playing with Katie’s team (she is 11 playing on a 13 year old team). She is doing really well and has even scored while playing with Katie’s team. Yippee Jerra!

Hannah is still my little love bug. She is so kind-hearted to everyone. She will give her heart if you asked her to. I often wonder if that will get her in trouble, because she rarely looks after herself. She does really good in school too and has MANY friends due to her kind heart. She loves soccer, but loves basketball more. She is getting really good at it. She still adores her brother and wants to make sure that he is OK at all times. She loves videos, pets, and ME! She is getting to like shopping and will go with Katie, Jerra and I and it is so cute to see her personality really bloom.

EJ is a momma’s boy STILL. I think that bothers his dad that he always wants to be around me. He too does really well in school and is very very smart. He has his dad’s common sense and seems to figure things out very quickly. He beats Hannah when doing homework every night. He reminds me a little of Jess when he was a kid. He always does his homework BUT doesn’t always turn it in! He loves to play, and has all kinds of boys in the neighborhood who play with him. Thane has made them a place in the field where they can build forts and they will play down there for hours. He is truly a boy, and I love it. So different from my girls, dirty fingernails and all! He too loves all sports and has informed me that he is playing tackle football next year!!!
Thane and I are doing well. Thane has taken a on more of the farm this year and although it is profitable, he is busy all of the time. He built a large shed next to our house this year and he spends a lot of time in the shed, even in the winter. I love him more today then I ever could have expected to when we got married. I just can’t imagine anything without him! It is so great to always have a best friend that you can rely on for anything. 18 years this year! Seem like just yesterday.

1 comment:

mommy1 said...

Yes, my dear baby girl...you WILL appreciate all your letter writing when you get older. I wish I had written letters to my grandmas over the years that I had them. I know that Grandma treasures the letters and phone calls that she gets from you. Just be sure to teach your kids to write and call THEIR grandma (me!) when they get older!!!! Ha!!! Love ya, your mommy.