Friday, December 18, 2009

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas....

I love this time of year, there are so many things to do and of course we have to do it all! I find myself very overwhelmed this time of year and wonder why I try and do it all! I want my kids to experience as much as they can but many times I wonder at what cost to Thane and I?? This year has not been the exception. I am tired! Work is slow and I find myself wishing I was home. It is hard to go from the fast pace of home to the slow pace of work. ALSO there is so much to eat at work right now. Everyone the office has referred to in the last year has sent something to eat, i.e. cookies, candy, popcorn, nuts even bread and jam. Very hard to resist! I am still adjusting to my new work even though I have been here six months. As I have told many, I just haven't been able to juggle it all yet. I remember mom telling me that it would take 1 year, and I though that she was crazy, but I am afraid that it will. I love it here, and I learn something new everyday. I can't believe all that I have learned! BUT learning causes emotional tiredness, making me ornery and irritable most nights!
The kids are so excited they can hardly wait and their presence makes me happy. I love to see them so excited, Nannie's party is Sunday and they are now counting down the hours! Good thing I still have the innocence! SLOW DOWN as mom says, take ten deep breaths. If I continue that way I will hyperventilate~ ha-ha! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

1 comment:

The Curtis Family said...

I am so sad that I missed your call. I was sick that day and must have been sleeping since I didn't hear the phone ring. I am feeling much better now and think we should find some time (maybe after the holidays) to get together. This year has really snuck up on me. I am glad that you are enjoying your new job and that you are have a fun holiday season. I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas and that you know how much you are loved (especially by me).