I was talking with Jerra this morning ans she was reminding me of all the reasons why she shouldn't go to school today. It's Friday, they don't do much on Friday, it's cold, her homework is done, she is tired, etc.... She is so cute and the most convincing child I have. She also makes me feel the most guilty when I tell her that she needs to go to school. I remember when I was in school I felt the same way. Now my feelings have changed. Little does she realize that school never ends. I came to work today and started my learning for the day. Working at the clinic there is never a day that something I haven't seen before arises, I must stop look it up and try and understand in order to relay my new "learned" info to the patient. As I was thinking about this, I got overwhelmed with the fact that I will never stop going to school ( I was not about to tell Jerra this, she will realize it to someday).
I want to teach my kids to continue to leave their minds open. That the more you can understand about this world the more "successful" or happy you will be. Once your mind closes off, you become slow, sullen, and things just aren't exciting and fun. I am afraid this is a lesson I will have to teach them as they get older, if I tell them know they will stop counting down the years to high school graduation, and become very overwhelmed. I guess when you get older the learning becomes more fun because it can be on your terms and not the sixth grade teachers terms! There you are Jerra things are always to learn you need to embrace the things that interest you! Now go to school or you are grounded!
2 comments:
You are so right. I woke up this morning and went to wake up Emily for school. I found a note outside her room saying to not bother to wake her up for school this morning because she only has 3 friends in her class. When I woke her up, I asked her if she was having any problems with friends at school. She told me that she wasn't and that she was just tired and wanted to sleep in. Nice try Emily. Kids.
You just keep her going....you are teaching her NOW that she HAD to get up and do things that she doesn't want to! Like going to work each day! Well, MOST days. You are an amazing mom. I wish I could take all the credit for that but I can only take a little bit....you've done the rest and you amaze me every day. I am SO proud of you. Not just for what you have accomplished (FNP) but because of your giving and caring personality. I love you baby girl. Mommy
Post a Comment