The kids participated in the West Haven Nativity again this year! It is one of my most favorite thing about Christmas. I love the feeling that I get when they do it although I am not sure that they get the same feeling. As soon as we got in the car they were sure to tell me what they wanted Santa to bring them. The true meaning of Christmas was lost as so as the costumes came off.
The Nativity is really fun. Katie and Jerra got to be in charge of the goats, when they were tax payers, and the Sheep's when they were Shepherds. The twins, especially Hannah doesn't enjoy the whole thing so much. They don't like to be "cold" and are not as patient. Ej did say one thing to me that inspired me. He was a shepherd and said he got to sit down right next to baby Jesus. He was proud that he got the closest to the baby. I was glad that he was proud and honored to be that close. To me that means that Jesus is someone he looks up too! I want the kids to get something out of this, as it makes me feel very spiritual and grateful that we live in this time with so many luxuries. Merry Christmas everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment