Monday, December 21, 2009

Nannie's Christmas

I just read my post from last year regarding Nannie's Christmas party. This year was much the same. We love Nannie's Christmas party. I especially like it because Mom spoils me. I love to have someone else buy me something that I haven't asked for or bought for myself. I still feel like a little girl on Christmas prior to her parties because of the element of surprise both for me and the kids ( and of course the raspberry cheesecake). The kids were also excited, the came home and fought all night over their new crayola glow boards, yes even Katie. We didn't have enough batteries (we needed 18 triple A's) to get them all working. Guess what I am doing at lunch today? Spending my lunch money on batteries!!!
Nannie picks the best presents. She spends alot of time picking out the perfect gift. Each of the kids got a "warm-up" suit of some kind and a nice toy. The kids all put on their warm-ups this morning and looked so cute. They all fit. Unlike me who grabs them off the rack quickly just to get "it done", she (I'm guessing) spends thirty minutes looking for the perfect color, size and price. I am grateful for that because it saves me the time of getting the warm-ups back to her to get hemmed or "taken in" and the kids like having something fun to wear for their last couple of days of school.
More important I am so grateful for my family. I have never known what it is like to not have a mother, dad, step mother, step dad, in-laws and many siblings who would do anything for me or be there for me in an instant. I hope I don't have to know! I have always had them, and even more importantly we like being together (I think)! I was thinking to myself earlier this week (this is for you Allison) I don't remember the presents I got as a kid just the memories that were made around Christmas time. It helped me to SLOW DOWN and not try so hard to make it PERFECT. Thanks mom and John for helping those memories continue, I am sure my kids will remember these parties. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Thanks Jody. Love you!

mommy1 said...

My dear little girl.....yes, I spend at least 30 minutes a piece on each warm up suit just so that I can have the perfect one! BUT, I love spending that time and I have it to spend now - what better way to spend it than thinking about my grandbabies. I'm glad they all liked the suits and that they fit (I'm not always that lucky!). And, yes, John and I spend hours planning and putting on our Christmas party and I love every minutes of that! You make it fun. John said this year "Jody acts like a little girl; she gets so excited!" What a compliment that is. If you EVER lose that excitement and 'fun' of your personality, I will be thoroughly disappointed and won't do the party any more! You make it fun; I love to have surprises for everyone, but especially for you because you love them so much. I hope the kids remember these parties just as you remember the parties we had a Grandma Bidlack's. Memories and family are what it is all about and you are truly blessed! Love forever...your mommy.