Sunday, January 23, 2011

Miscellaneous...

     Things are going on as usual.   The second quarter of school is over, we are half way through!  I can't believe that summer is really not that far away, phew! I love summer and most of the things that come with it. I am not fond of all of the "extra time" the kids have.  It often leads to fighting, more money, and more patience.  I like school and the kids do really well with the added structure.  As I have mentioned before consistency is good for us. 
   The second quarter was really good for the kids.  Jerra and Kaite both received 3.9's.  Yipee!  Most moms would ask why not a 4.0.  I say, I am ecstatic.  Sometimes getting that 4.0 is at a cost. My outlook I suppose, is kind of different.  I have always wanted the kids to be more rounded.  I want them to know that things are not always perfect.  Perfect can cause problems.  Trying to be perfect has brought me alot of guilt and worry.  Now 3.9 is almost perfect, (I think that I would be ecstatic with a 3.5), so I jumped and clapped, and so did dad.  I encouraged them to continue with the hard work, but to know that next quarter might not be as good, and that if that was the case dad and I would be just as proud.  I want them to try hard at every thing they do, and know that there are going to be almost perfect from time to time, but that things are going to be "far from perfect" all of the other times.  Working at it and not accomplishing it is much more important to me and Thane, then accomplishing it every time.  When you get it Perfect too much, you feel GUILTY when you don't, and you don't have that overwhelming happy feeling as often when you do.  Good job girls!
   We are getting closer to the cruise date!  We are all VERY excited. I think that there is more excitement for the cruise than there was for Christmas. Lesson learned??  I am strategically planning each of our excursions, I have booked a zipline tour in Puerto Vallarta (although you must have thighs smaller than 28 inches and mine are 27 1/2 aggh!), and a trip to Stone Island for horse back riding on the beach, in Mazatlan.  I am working on the last excursion in Cabo, we plan to go whale watching!  The kids are excited but I think that I am more excited.  I can not wait to go and not have work, school, cell phones or other distractions.  I need the time to focus on the most important things in my life, my marriage and my kids!  As anyone who has read this blog knows, we are very busy and rarely have enough time to be together without any distractions.  Mexico here we come!
   Life seems to be improving little by little.  I have had a really a hard 6 months.  I can only speak for myself but I know that we all have struggled more than usual.  Hopefully continuing to work together we can find a higher level of happiness!  I must heed my own words, things are not always perfect!
    

No comments: