Sunday, January 16, 2011

Protecting my socks?


You probably see this picture and wonder why I have posted a picture of my dirty carpets in the hall of my house.  This is what we come home to every day.  As most of you know we have two cats.  Hershey is about 7 years old and has had two liters. She is known to be laying on her back legs spread out (like she is posing for Playboy).  I love her, she is not a lap cat, but every once in a while jumps up with me and "kneads my belly" with her legs.  She is calm and loves being where ever we are. 
Then there is Emy!  Emy is small, and thin. We got her about 1 1/2 years ago on a fluke.  Emy is the kids pride and joy.  They love her!  I tend to lead toward the older, fatter, cat. Resemblance?  Emy has not had a liter of kittens, therefore she has improvised.  She has decided that stuffed animals and socks are her babies.  She becomes lonely when we are all gone in the day.  The socks and stuffed animals serve as her babies and she lines them up in the hall and purrs at each one of them.  Crazy Cat?  She does the same thing when she can't find us in the house.  We will hear her purring, turn and find her with a stuffed animal in her mouth.  I find myself picking up socks all day.  My loose sock drawer has tripled in size, as she is not selective in her choices of paired, single, clean or dirty socks.  This was really "cute" at first, but has grown to be a nuisance.  As you all know from previous posts my kids still need to work on cleaning up after themselves, and I am usually the one that picks up Emy's babies, all 30 plus of them.  I have to make sure when I leave the house in the morning, I close the laundry room door, and the kids bedroom doors.  There have been days when I forgotten to close the doors, I come home to 30 stuffed animals, and more socks all over the house.  She gets in the open drawers and takes the socks out.  If the bathroom drawer is left open she takes out all of the hair ties.  Too bad I can't teach her to put things away!   

No comments: