Monday, January 31, 2011

Little things.

Things have been the same for the last week.  Still running, and still trying to enjoy it.  Couple of things have happened over the last week that I thought were funny and worth being written down.

Hannah,

   Oh my dear sweet Hannah, or at least most people think that she is Sweet (especially Nannie).  Hannah and EJ have been learning the value of money, so we have been playing alot of Monopoly.  Hannah always wants to be the banker, and I am sure that she is not ready to keep track of money.  The game is LONG enough and I can only imagine helping Hannah provide the banker duties, so I have just said NO.  Well I have figured out why Hannah wants to play the banker.  When we are playing Hannah is really quick to buy everything and anything. She soon runs out of Money!  Don't we all!  So, I was playing banker and turned back to the money to get some for someone who had passed GO, I saw Hannah's hand on the Million!!!  She had one on top of her money dtack and was reaching for another.  Little stinker, she has been stealing money from the bank!  That is why she wants to buy everything, she is taking a loan out that there is not intention to repay, she is a robber!  I think that she gets this from her dad, ask him, he sticks cards in the table cracks!  Needless to say Hannah informed us all that she has never done this before but I am sure that this was not the first time.  She was way to sneaky!  Way to go Hannah, wonder how long it took you for mom to catch you!  At least she goes for the million and not the thousands, maybe her money skills are not as bad as I thought they were.

Ethan,

     EJ is so cute.  He is getting as sneaky as his sister.  I have told him a million times that he can not take toys to school, he continues to test me.  The other day after I had told him to put his toys away I heard him running very fast.  EJ doesn't move very fast when it comes to putting things away.  I knew something was up. When I came out of the bathroom to see what he was doing I caught him sticking a whole handful of toys in his backpack!  When he saw me he retreated dropping his backpack and moving towards his room.  If I could only capture that look on his face.  To bad he can't put his homework in his backpack that fast.  I have to keep on my toes with him!
  He is also so obsessed with gum right now.  As most of you know there are so many flavors, and he loves it.  I have not had too much of a problem with it, maybe it is just a matter of time.  He has been saving quarters and last night he collected some of his quarters (he gets them from me for doing good things), and asked me if I would take him to the store to buy some gum.  Now I could say no, but this was the PERFECT time to have him go into the store and give the lady enough change to buy his gum.  Remember we are working on money.  He got out of the car and went in with Katie who was getting me a diet coke.  He payed for his gum and was excited when he did it just right.  I was excited that me all this practicing money every night was paying off.  We came home and he had a mouthful of gum.  When he got out of the car I told him now that he had to pay me for the gas money to take him to the store!  Again the look on his face was priceless. I told him that it cost fifty cents for gas. I thought that he would die, (and I would die laughing).  Of course, he must remember that gas cost money?  I quickly told him that I would cover it this time as I needed the Diet Coke.  He instantly sighed and I could tell was very relieved. Later that night he paid Hannah fifty cents and one stick of gum to clean his room!  Smart kid.  Next time he will pay for the gas!  HE HE!

I love em and could not do with out them, but they make me tired!  Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I could barely finish reading this to Amber. By the time I was done my cheeks hurt from smiling. Thank you for these little tidbits. We love you guys.

mommy1 said...

My baby girl....your blog is WONDERFUL! This will be priceless when the kids are grown. I sure hope you are consistently printing it off so that you don't lose it. I would give anything to have something like with for all the things that you kids did when you were little. I have to rely on the stories that I've told you - that you remember then well and pass them on to your children. Love....Mommy.