So I know you all are anxiously awaiting my next vacation post, Ha Ha! I am still working on those, BUT must take a break. Jerra has had a very busy week. I am so proud of her and I have to acknowledge it. Jerra has always been as easy kid, part of that is thanks to Katie. Jerra is learning from Katie and does not have the same issues. I guess there are good things about being second.
For the past three months, Jerra has been staying after school EVERY day for about two hours practicing for the school play. This has been a big feat, for both her and her dad. He has had to pick her up every day. It has taken lots of effort. Many times she comes home right after play practice and then has to go to soccer practice or a game. I feel like she should be overwhelmed. She has surprised me and zoomed right through it. We watched the play this week, and it was wonderful she did such a great job.
After vacation, not only did Jerra have to continue and catch up with the play, but she had go early before school and stay later after school to complete all her school work. All and all she has not complained ONCE! She continues to love life and I suspect that she will be on the honor roll for this term. I am so proud of her. She is motivated and loves life and that makes me happy. She is laid back and just doesn't let alot get her down. She must get that from her dad because anyone who knows me understands that I am completely opposite.
Yesterday, was the end of the third term and the night before Jerra had gotten home from her play (final performance) at nine and had one hour of Homework in order to get it all in for the end of the term. I was really worried about her. She went to bed late. She got right up and went to school, while at school she called me and wanted me to bring her the gym clothes that she had forgotten so that she could try out for Track! What? During her call she was happy and cheerful, (she surely did not get that from me either) and again did not complain. Later, I picked her up and she had ran a mile with a friend, again smiling. Later she went to soccer practice running two miles again. She came home sat on the couch and finished her homework, giving me a hug before she went to bed! My hope is that most of her days will not be this busy, but I love her spirit and enthusiasm for life. Funny, I went to bed about ten, and I heard her snoring, it was a happy sound!
Jerra I love you so so much, your crooked smile makes me smile. You are growing so fast and are so responsible. It seems like just yesterday, I was teaching you to walk! Continue to work hard for what you want, but relax when you can! Remember enjoy the journey!
2 comments:
Jerra,
Amber and I are extremely proud of you too. We wish we could have been there to see your play. I have always told your mother that you will one day run track. Amber says you would be great at it (just so you know Amber ran track and was really good). We love you.
Jerra.....you are such an amazing girl. You should be very proud of yourself. I am so sorry that I missed your play because we were in Hawaii but I'm hopeful that there wil be a video so that I can see it when I get home. I'm not surprised you want to run track; you certainly have the legs for it! I love you little girl....'You'll be in my heart...always!" Nannie
Post a Comment