Monday, March 7, 2011

Waves of Fun, Day one!



Here I sit, HOME, 30 loads of Laundry and alot of tears.  I am so sad that our dream vacation is over. This vacation was not about where we went but, the company we were with.  Our vacation was perfect, just what I needed.  I am sure when I left I was not sure what I needed, but quickly realized that what I needed was my family.  No distractions!  That is why I am crying.  I know that I am back to reality.  Over the next few days I am going to Journal our vacation, one day at a time.  When I read this over, I want to remember every Moment!

Day One, Happy 9th birthday Hannah and Ethan!!
2/25/2011

The day started at 5am, no one complained, and we all quickly got in the truck.  I was nervous because ALOT of things had to go just as planned in order for us to get on the boat by about 1pm!  Needless to say, the hours of preparation went well, the airplane was on time (even though it was snowing), the rental car was ready and the kids were listening!!!  The twins loved their first plane ride, and the WHOLE plane sang Happy Birthday to them!  Their smiles make my day.  Embarking on the BOAT was not the greatest.  I guess the coast guard had been there to do an unexpected check and we waited about two hours to get on.  We were really tired, and sick of waiting with LOTS of anxious people.  The boat was beautiful and we quickly went up to the LIDO deck to eat.  The kids were SO excited that they could have whatever they wanted and they quickly learned how to get it.  Jerra found the ice cream machine, and had her first of about 40 ice cream cones.  I told the kids that while we were gone, that I was not going to ask them to eat their protein, they could eat what the wanted (this actually worked well, they still made sure they had their protein, I guess the lectures are sinking in). 
   I was really worried about letting go of the kids this first day, as I could just imagine them in the ocean off the boat, that worry QUICKLY faded.  Our room were attached via the balcony and they were so excited!  Off we sailed!
    That first day, we had meetings with the kids club, (Camp Carnival) on the boat, and explored the boat.  Very big (at first) and very overwhelming.  I quickly relaxed as I did not have, to worry about soccer, groceries, laundry, or dinner.  The first night at dinner was great, the kids ordered whatever they wanted, Katie loved this! They could order a appetizer (or two), a meal, and a dessert (Hannah loved this).  We met our waiters, Andre and Romeo (from the Philippines) and Ethan quickly fell in love with them.  Jerra continued to make hourly trips to the ice cream machine.  That night at dinner, all of the waiters sang to Hannah and Ethan and provided them with their own birthday cakes and candles!  Katie had her firs chocolate melting cake! Every thing was perfect!  
    As we went back to our room, the first of MANY towel animals were on the bed.  This became a ritual for Hannah, as soon as she was done with dinner,she knew that the stewards had been in our rooms turned down our beds, and made a towel animal!

No comments: