Friday, March 18, 2011

La Paz, Day Five...

Today was a really great day.  La Paz is a non-frequented spot right across the peninsula from Mazatlan.  We ported first thing in the morning.  The port was quit a way from the city itself.  I watched as the captain of the ship placed it right at the dock.  This was a very difficult to port at and he did an excellent job at getting the big ship into such a small area.  When we debarked the ship we hopped on a large FREE tour bus into the city.  La Paz is a rural port and the city does almost everything it can to get tourists into the city.  We got off the tour bus and went right to the beach.  The beach was very private, no vendors!!!  It was littered with many seashells that the kids just loved!!!  We picked up lots of different types of shells some as big as our hands!  It was so fun to have the beach to ourselves, EJ even through shells back into the water. 
   I had read that La Paz was well known for their ice cream, so after the beach we set out for the ice cream store.  We found one, just one problem, the ice cream lady did not speak English and all prices were in pesos.  I actually was quite prepared and knew the conversion of pesos to American money.  I just did not know how to ask the lady if she would take American money (that is all I had).  I had to go out into the street and find someone who could speak both languages and we all ended up with the ice cream of our choice.  We then walked through the town allowing the kids to stop at a Mexican candy vendor, getting Chiclets for their classmates and buy some Mexican bubble gum.  We explored an old cathedral , a Mexican elementary school, and a Mexican pharmacy (quite interesting), got back on the bus and went back to the ship!  It was really peaceful, and quite enjoyable day.  The kids learned a little of the culture and loved their Ice cream.
I will have to post the pictures later cause we had a disposable camera this day, we forgot the digital camera and the pictures are not developed yet!  I will post them as soon as I can. 
   I would highly recommend La Paz, beautiful waters, and peaceful!

1 comment:

Jess said...

More!!!! We want more!!! Queramos mucho la storias