Back to the post, We made it today to Cabo and we had a great day. The kids loved the tender boats as we drove right along side the cruise ship. Thane was eccstatic to get OFF the boat. He does not like to be confined to anything even a massive cruise ship for a long amount of time. As we tendered in, we caught our first glimpse of a seal that the locals told us spends his day in the marina greeting people. We saw that same seal at least three more times as we went in and out of the marina. He would almost look up and wave with his flipper to all of us. EJ and Jerra loved this and would look for him each time we passed. Cabo also had MANY pelicans, although they were brown in color. They would land on moving boats and land at the docks to be feed by the locals cleaning their fish.
I had rescheduled the whale watching trip from the boat the day before, (they let me make a free call to land, usually 9.50 per minute!). We got off the ship and immediatly the kids wanted to go inot the flea market located just steps off of where we tenedered. OF course!!! Many things for the kids to buy, and we quickly started using there "saved money". I made them save their money from dad and Vanessa given at Christmas and they have been saving since then. They each had about 100 dollars. Yipee! less that I needed to spend.
We then went on a catamran to whale watch. We pasesed the famous Lover's arch for a picture opport. and enjoyed the hispanic people driving and entertaining us with their music and great service. Whale watching is a sport, and the men on the boat would stand up at the highest point and watch for whales and other boats. Why other boats? Because EVERYONE chases other boats down! If there are many boats in one area that is where the whale is, and the more whales we see the more tips and return customers they get. All about money! It is almost comincal as BIG, little and ALL boats follow these creatures. Some of the boats got so close that I am sure the whale could tip them over if he wanted to. I was grateful that we didn't get that close. We did see a group of four whales, and probably five to six others, not sure if they were just the same ones. The whales would kind of swim in circles. It was incredible, and the one of the only things that I really HAD to see. Ethan LOVED this part too. He was right at the front of the boat jumping when the waves hit the boat. All the kids made friends with the guys. Thane on the other hand got sea sick (along with a few others on the boat). I was surpirsed that he did as it is usually me. Jerra and I both had the sea sickness patches on and I am assuming that that was helpful. I felt bad for Thane as he didn't enjoy it as much as he should have.
After that we decided to got to the beach. Medano beach is a very busy beach, we walked there (very long walk). We only had a little bit of money as the kids wiped us in the Flea market. We were hesitant to get a water taxi (boat used as a taxi) as we might not have enough money to get back to the tender area. Now let me tell you a little about the beach, very busy with a million people walking around trying to sell you stuff. AGGH That is really hard with four kids and a little bit of money. We kept telling them that we would be back another day. Just then a guy walked up to EJ with a big iguana, he asked if he wanted a picture and of course I said yes. DUMB ass, did I not know that he wanted money???? I had just got through telling the kids NO! Needless to say we talked him into two dollars, and had to really neogiate with the water taxi to get back to the tender area. We did not have one cent when we got back to the ship. We took more money the next day! What was really funny about this day was later on in the week, Thane saw a whale JUMP in the air from the cruise ship, I was with the kids somewhere else and missed it. Thane said the wahle jumped at least five times as if he was showing off for him. Sometimes is you just watch you don't need to spend money to get a good picture.
Overall, a great day and lots of sunburns, great picture of then eh?? Here you are Jess I love you, I didn't get this done until the afternoon, you are probably asleep! Sorry!
1 comment:
About damn time, we were waiting in suspense. Love you and we love the pictures.
Post a Comment