Thursday, August 4, 2011

Freemont Soccer

After a whole summer of conditioning, Katie finally tried out for the high school soccer team.  It has been very difficult for her to go over to Fremont every day this whole summer to condition, but she has made more friends and surprised me with her dedication.  Well She DID NOT make it.  I am not sure that I am sad.  At first I was disappointed for her and hurt for her (yes I had a stomach ache all day), but the more I think about it the better I am.  I feel like it was what was best for our family.  Katie was only disappointed for about one hour, and then she snapped right out of it and was grateful for the things that she had to "fall back on".  Only three girls from her team made it, which made it much easier for her to take.  I think she would have been much more devastated if her good friends would have made it and she would not have.  I am grateful to god for answering my prayers on the one.  I am also "secretly" grateful that I do not have to pick her up everyday after school and take her to Fremont for practice :)!  Katie has really surprised me, as she is not fixating on it, she has accepted it and is moving on.  She as really looked at the good things that have come out of it.  I am proud of her.  I am so grateful that Thane and I have encouraged her to try everything, so soccer is not everything, even though it seems like it to most of you!  She is the editor for the yearbook for Rocky this year, and she can not wait to return to school in three weeks.  I am sure that her ninth grade year will be so fun.  There will be time for High School next year, hopefully she continues to be determined, and may we all have faith in God above to make the decisions that are best for us, even if they do not seem like it at the time.  :) 

1 comment:

mommy1 said...

NOT making the team has given Katie more strength than if she had made it. Sometimes to fail is the right thing. Keep listening to God; you are doing great Baby Girl.