Thursday, August 4, 2011

La Roca Pioneer cup 2011



Katie played last week in the La Roca Cup tournament.  Her team took the silver, It was a really fun tournament.  The older the kids get the better the soccer gets.  The kids are very competitive and become very aggressive fighting for what they want.  It makes me excited to see her work so hard, and want something really bad.  She is a really motivated and determined young lady, and I admire that in her.  She has not missed but three(one that was not her fault) total days of conditioning this whole summer.  She goes over to Fremont ever single day at 2pm and conditions.  Her dedication to conditioning does not even guarantee her a spot on the team, in fact the coaches are not even there.  There is not anyone to impress and she continues to do it as she knows that if she is in good condition she has a better chance at making it.  I am really proud of her when many girls before her just gave up and just want to "show up to the tryouts" next week.  I know that she will give the tryouts next week her all, and if she does not make it she will be okay.  She can say to herself she gave it everything she has, and she truly has.  I am proud of you bug, and I love you.  I hope next week we can say that you are a Fremont Soccer player, but if not there are many things that you are good at that you can "fall back on"!  No matter what happens mom and dad are proud of you.
Pictures to come, just wasn't able to get them on.

No comments: