Monday, July 5, 2010

Freedom

This weekend has been great!  I had a much needed four days of rest.  We had so much fun just being together.  I guess things happen for a reason and after seeing a small little girl riding a red, white and blue, decorated scooter at the Plain City parade, something inside made me reflect about the importance of this holiday.  My family participated in Plain City days, Went to bear lake for a "ranger" ride, participated in the Farr West parade, and had loads of fun.  I am so lucky to be in this country and be able to be so happy and make any decisions I want.  I have the right to vote for whom I want, go to the church I want, and work where I want.  The decisions I make are up to me, no one tells me what to do.  I take that for granted most of the time. 
    On Saturday, my family went to celebrate in Plain City.  It was great, the kids had lots of fun and Plain city was so accommodating.  It was a great celebration.  The kids participated in the fish scramble.  A big large pool is made, 500 trout placed in the pool and the kids must get in and catch the fish with only their hands.  They have to scoop them up and throw them out, then pick it up.    Hilarious, I loved it!  After the fish scramble, we moved to the rodeo grounds for a chicken scramble, those poor chickens!  The kids lined up against the fence each in their age group.  On "go" they ran across the arena to get a "few" chickens.  I hoped for the best of course, didn't want my kids to get a chicken!  Jerra came up victorious (god doesn't answer all of my prayers) and we talked to the chicken all the way home!  Luckily, Laura and Matt themselves got lucky earning two chickens, they now have three :)  Thanks for saving me!  Saturday night we went to the fireworks in Hooper, the kids were good, laid on the blanket and I even got to snuggle with Thane:) 
Toss it out!
This is gross!
I got one mom!
Use both hands and don't let go! 
Good Job Jerra!
Those poor chickens :(
Chicken for dinner!

On Sunday we went on a ride Up at Bear Lake with Jared and Stacie.  It was really fun too.  We rode about 35 miles and some rough terrain, but I was fine, cause was sitting in the Ranger with my love, and kids asleep in the back seat.  Katie rode in the other Ranger with Whitney!  It was great and even though bumpy relaxing:)

We took EJ's motorcycle, he was in Heaven.
When they are asleep they are quiet:)
Old Ephraim's Grave 
Jerra and Mom
Katie and Whitney (and Tink)
On Top If the World! 
Of course EJ has to throw rocks over the edge!

Finally, Today we were in the Farr West Parade, for the Farr West Clinic.  It was great too!  The kids were so good, they passed out water bottles and walked the whole way (about 3 miles total).  They loved to be part of the parade passing the bottles out.  There were lots of friends and  even some of my patients.  Fun!


The whole Crew!

1 comment:

mommy1 said...

Oh my 'baby girl!' It makes me SO happy to see you enjoy life the way you do and the way you are teaching your children to enjoy it! It makes me happy, and sad....you'll understand the sad part when you are 60! I love all of you with all my heart....mommy