Wednesday, March 17, 2010

cough [kawf, kof]
–verb (used without object)
1.to expel air from the lungs suddenly with a harsh noise, often involuntarily.

I like the last part, often involuntary. Lately Hannah has had her involuntary cough! I can not stand it because I can't get it to stop no matter what I do. I have started her back on Advair and Singulair, and her allergy medicine. The poor soul tells me that her head aches and her stomach hurts so bad cause she coughs so hard. It makes me cringe. I hate when the kids have a problem that I cannot fix! Last night both her and I had about all that we could take. I gave her a hefty dose of Benadryl and laid her on the floor (On a sheet mom) by my bed and finally after she went to sleep it stopped!!! I think the culprit is more allergies than asthma, so I will turn my focus to that. BRING ON THE BENADRYL!
I remember what it was like to not be able to go outside, one time in particular sitting on the couch by our front window watching the kids play football. I hated it and I want her to be able to do the normal things (although not much wasn't NORMAL in my childhood). I hate hearing her cough and know exactly how it feels. I know that she isn't sick, because she doesn't have any symptoms. JUST THE COUGH! I think tonight I will pray for clean air and NO COUGH!

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

I miss you! I am sorry that you have to deal with this. I hope you've found the trick with the Benadryl and can get it under control. We'll have to get together soon and talk about your "not normal" childhood.

Also, on your previous post, unfortunatly this is SO not exclusive to your family! I don't understand why my kids (some more than others) even lie about some of the things that they lie about. It baffles me. I don't know about the eye thing, I think I am going to start an internet search to buy some truth serum.

Is that illegal?

mommy1 said...

Hey baby girl....I'm glad you put Miss Rona on a sheet, especially because this latest cough is probably just allergies. Oh, and I can't help but correct your english. It's she and I not her and I (miss masters degree!) Love Mommy