Friday, March 19, 2010

You need a repairman....

This is what the computer said when Thane looked up what might be wrong with our dishwasher. It stopped working last week when the power went out. We have been hand washing dishes all week. Of course I know the perfect repairman, my daddy. I called him on Sunday as soon as it went out and we determined that Thane couldn't fix it and he said that he would be out this week. I am so grateful to him, so here is my tribute.

My dad never complains about anything much and I can count on one hand how many times he has truly been upset.
My dad always listens.

My dad loves his life.

My dad can fix anything. I remember one time when he re-wired my curling iron, to keep it working!!

My dad doesn't need much in his life to make him happy, he doesn't need fancy things in his life. He likes to keep things simple.

To me my dad always seems like a big strong man, I knew he could help me with anything.

My dad works harder than anyone I know.

My dad adores my kids, and loves to be involved with them.

When dad says he loves someone he really means it.

Even though divorce was hard, my dad brought me Grandma Nessa, and she has been a blessing in my life.

My dad does things when you least expect it, therefore it is always a surprise.

My dad loves me lots!

My dad is determined and motivated, but humble.

My dad knows everyone, this gets him the lead on everything so most the time he figures things out well before most people know!

My dad has lots of common sense.

My dad loves his mom!


So last night he came and fixed my dishwasher, he said it was on it's last leg and told me he had a "lead" on another one. That felt so good cause not only am I overloaded on kids now I am overloaded on dishes! The paper plates are running low and we can't drink milk out of our hands! I do have to say Thane has done most of the dishes, so I don't' have much to complain about. Needless to say the dishwasher is working, and I could "load" it and start it this morning. I expect that soon I will have a new one, and it will not cost me too much cause dad gets good prices for me. I love you dad, thanks so much!

1 comment:

mommy1 said...

Yes, I agree....you dad is a good man!