One of the most frustrating things being a mom of four kids lately is the lying. I would like to think that my kids are honest. BUT when one of your bracelets get stretched so far out that it breaks and you find it lying in your jewelry box strategically so it is hard to notice, you must come to the assumption that one of the people in the house is the culprit. Now I know that Thane rarely wears bracelets and I trust that if he did it he would kindly let me know. So that limits me to a few choices. Unfortunately when I ask they all look at me and say "it wasn't me"or "oh my gosh is it broke"? Well Hell yes it is broke! This then leads me to look each one of them in the face to identify by their eyes which one was lying. My mom always said that she knew by the look in the eyes, well, I must not have inherited that quality! I never know!! I try to eliminate in my mind who would be the least likely, and then make my hypothesis. Then I threaten that the "mom camera" was watching. That usually isn't very helpful either.
I remember when I was a little girl, I though that god was counting my lies and if I got too many I would not go to heaven with my mommy and daddy. Obviously my kids are not doing that either. I have never been good at lying, and I hate it when I have to (yeah there are those times). I feel bad inside, and I know that many times I have to make up another lie to cover the first one. Why can't they see that? Just tell me!!! I am not physically abuse towards my kids what are they afraid of?
IF anyone knows how to look in the eyes and tell if they are lying will you please help me??? The lies in my ouse are stacking up and unfortunately we all might go to hell!
2 comments:
Just look deep into their eyes and watch for that 'little glint'. That's the telltale sign! Love Mommy
I know someone who lives just feet away that can probably fix your bracelet. Bring it over :)
Post a Comment